Monday, April 4, 2005

I am currently sitting in a coffe shop at the highest point in Hong Kong. It's called the peak and a few minutes ago I was 550 feet above sea level. To get here a rode a tram and then walked a path that led me to the actual top of Victoria Peak. It was beautiful, sadly it's foggy and so the photos won't turn out to well.

Last night I met up with a group of great women, 3 from here Marjorie (www.hkknitter.blogs.com), Siow Chin (www.yscmama.typepad.com/little_purl) and Eva(www.evashiu.typepad.com. (sadly the little link button is not here so I couldn't so the magic link trick that I learned last week, neither is the spellcheck the menu bar is MIA). The 4th person was here from New York, Kimberli (www.kimberlinewyork.blogspot.com). After a little intial confusion we found each other and went wool shopping! I got some great yarn for some baby projects that I need to get underway and some "James Dean" yarn for my SP. It was a lot of fun. After that we went for coffee and a little knitting... Sadly Siow CHina and Eva had to leave after coffee. Kimberli, Marjorie and I went out for some dinner in Times Square. It was a great evening and I am so happy that it all worked out.

This morning I wandered around the city a bit, I followed a walking tour route and saw some of the highlights. After I leave here I am heading to the Star Ferry to go across the harbour to Kowloon for an evening of more walking and sightseeing. I am hoping to make it to the beach and to see the Po Lin Monastery in the next day or two. I will let you know how it goes.

My coffee is done and my feet have stopped aching so I think I can safely move on. I'll try and post again in the next couple of days, I am back in Taipei Thursday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful, absolutely wonderful!

emy said...

That sounds fabulous! The next time you come to S'pore, contact me yah?! :P

Sorka said...

So jealous!! Too bad when I was in Japan (a million years ago) I was not into knitting I probably would have found some very nice yarn!! The stores you went to look great(having peeked at your shopping mates blogs)!! And I love the yarn names!!?James Dean?? hehehhe

Thank you sooo much for your comments on my bad day!! I am feeling better today!! And sure enjoyed reading your blog!!
It's funny how a common interest pulls people together even across the world!!
Denise