Sunday, October 24, 2004

Woo Hoo Typhoon Nock-ten

Did you know that Nock-ten is the Laotian word for bird, interesting name choice. Bird makes me think of something graceful and lovely.... not a typhoon that is threatening to blow me off the top of my apartment building! However the wind, rain and noise aside I am happy to be home today and if the storm stays on it's predicted course I will be home tomorrow too.

The last typhoon reeked havoc on my apartment because of the direction of the wind, so far the wind has been blowing in the other direction and my apartment has stayed relatively dry. It may change as the storm worsens through the day but it washes my floor for me so I can't complain to much. It's funny, this is typhoon number 3 (well the 3rd one in Taiwan but I only got time off in August, July's wasn't so bad here in the city) for me and I there were people here before me who never saw one in all the years (3) that they lived here .

Ok I am off to work on my November planning, later I will get to that photo album, I promise. By the way, if you click on the title of this post it will take to a weather page that shows you the path of the typhoon.

J.

No comments: