Thursday, October 7, 2004

ON THE MEND

I have been the unfortunate recipient of some nasty Asian flu bug and have been one grumpy lady for the last few days. I am still under the weather but feeling much more human and willing to converse with the world again.

I was fine on Tuesday, a long and tiring day complicated by an sad email from my mom saying that our family dog passed away. She was old and we all knew it would happen eventually, 14 years is a long time to have pet though and I'll miss her. So I was moping around the school contemplating whether I should joke about taking a grief day, lucky for me I didn't because it turned out I really would need a day off. I awoke in the wee hours of the morning sicker than I have been in a long time. I did a quick mental inventory of recent meals and decided that indeed this was not just because I had eaten some flour but I was indeed ill. To make a long story short, I was sick, everything hurt and all I wanted to do was sleep, so I did. I went into work for awhile yesterday but that was a mistake and then stayed home for most of today.

I am much better (touch wood) this evening and hope that is the last nasty bug I have for a long while. Okay I am off to walk the dog, take out the garbage and write in my kindergarten communication books. Ahhh a night at J's house, full of fun and excitement!

J.

No comments: