Sunday, October 17, 2004

Over the legal limit

hmmm... I wonder what would happen if you got pulled over for riding your bicycle when you are over the legal limit? I mean at home when I am out with friends I would usually just take the bus home and go back and get my bike the next day... But last night I went to a co-workers house and had a number of glasses of red wine and then had to get myself home. Well I rode my bike there and thus needed to ride it home as I did not know how to get back on the bus. Anyway the point of this senseless babbling is that I found myself wondering as I rode home what would happen if I got stopped.

Now I wasn't falling over drunk or anything but I was certainly over the legal limit of being able to drive a motor vehicle, even here. But how does one classify a bicycle? I obviously made it home in one piece but it was a long ride and I was tired. Sadly all red wine does for me is make me want to go bed so as I cycled home keeping my eyes open was my biggest challenge.

So aside from an evening of carousing with a bunch of foreigners I had a pretty quiet weekend. Took the dog to the vet, bought groceries (I'd be lost without Costco!!!!!) and dog food and wrote parent teacher interview notes, exciting stuff. Now it is Sunday evening and I am waiting for the water to boil for supper, just some pasta and pesto (yeah Costco again) and then it will be off to bed as the whole cycle starts again tomorrow.

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.
J

No comments: