Saturday, June 25, 2005

These are a few of my favorite foods.


Fresh fruit at the market we went shopping at before our cooking class

A million types of rice, I never knew there was so much to know about 1 grain

CJ looking stunning. She is all decked out to wander around the farm and pick some veggies and other amazing thai things

There were heaps of butterflies on the farm

Me and Bun cooking sticky rice in coconut milk, all the food was amazing

Look Lunch, made by me, I could not eat it all but it was so good and we made many of my favorite thai foods.

The farm, out the window

A farmer that we passed on our way back into town

The ride back into the city was beautiful. Cooking school was amazing and if you are ever in Thailand I would suggest you take the time to come north and spend a day or two taking a class. We went to an organic farm and it was beautiful and quiet.

Today is Saturday and our last day in Chaing Mai, tomorrow morning we are getting on a bus to go to the Laos border. We spend the night there and then on Monday we will get on boat for 2 days and travel up the Mekong river to Luang Prabang. The boat ride takes 14 hours, 7 each day and I think it will be a great way to see the country. I am hoping that it does not rain the whole time but it may. We have been lucky with the weather this far and I hope it holds. I will be in Luang Prabang on Tuesday night and then on Friday we are off to Vietnam. I'll be back as soon as I get to a computer again.

I am having a bit of trouble with haloscan but don't have time to deal with now, if I haven't answered your comments know that I have read them and glad that everyone is enjoying living vicariously through my photos.

No comments: