Saturday, January 14, 2006

I know that I have been quiet this week but...


I have a new nephew and I must say that he is adorable! He is 9 days old today and I am in love

and here is again, on the lovely Snoopy blanket that the world's best Auntie made for him, (not that I am tooting my own horn or anything)

This is his lovely big sister, she is modeling my first completed spinning project. I bought the roving in Rhinebeck, spun it half on a spindle and half on my new wheel and then knit it into a hat on my way here last week. To bad she lives in California because the hat would be perfect for a winter in the Arctic

My progress on P's Christmas sweater is slow, I have almost finished the back. I am making it from White Buffalo and using a Lopi Bulky pattern, the specs will follow eventually. Yes that it is a lemon tree the knitting is on, you can tell I am still in California, there are no lemons growing in Ottawa at this time of year

My second attempt at lace, it's the Branching Out Scarf from Knitty and I am using some of the billion meters of yarn that I got at Rhinebeck. I am not having to much trouble and I must say that this lace stuff is growing on me, even if I am cheating a bit and using thicker yarn this time

This is my haul from Imagiknit here in San Fran, some royal blue roving and cotton/tencel from Classic Elite Yarns, it is so soft, I bought two skiens for a scarf

And a posed picture of the monkeys, they are so cute

especially when the big one tries to get the little one to cheer for a picture.

Today I went to NoeKnits as well and got a great knitting calendar with patterns for each day, there are some really useless ones but some that I really like as well, I figure it was a good deal for the 10 bucks it cost.

No comments: