Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Another thing to do with spare time, cause I know everyone has so much...

Just kidding, I know that everyone is really busy but I promised a friend I would make a knitting request on her behalf, actually I have two. First, my friend Catherine has a very good friend who works in Lesotho, she does great stuff including twinning school there with schools here in order to help provide essential supplies to very needy kids

Catherine has taken on the task of knitting and collecting knit hats for adults and children to wear during the cold winters (not much snow there but the nights are cold). There are many reasons that they are working on hats, without going into them all here I will say that it is a great cause. The goal is to have 1000 hats to send by March 15th. So if you have a minute or twenty and some spare wool, please knit up a hat and send it to me so I can pass it on to Catherine. Personally I am using it as a chance to finish up some UFO's and some bits of stash yarn. I was going to try to make a bunch for the knitting Olympics (like one a day) but, I have decided for the sake of P's sanity and the dogs as well ( I would be fine of course, it would drive them crazy if I knit 24 hours a day but it would not bother me at all) that I will pass on the chance, like Cate, I think it is better for all of us this way.

If you can help out and knit some up or if you have some already knit up, like that one you knit for your kid that they hated or didn't fit right (that never happens right!) leave me a comment and I will send you my address. And to make it just a little more fun, everyone who sends me a hat will have a chance at a prize, 5 stitch markers with Chinese zodiacs and some yarn (that I have not yest picked out), I will draw randomly from among the participants cause this baby needs a hat!

Okay I am so late as blogger is being a little annoying, I will tell you about the other stuff later! Happy Wednesday

No comments: