Monday, August 27, 2007

Garden Fare



It has been a long and busy summer (visit the knitting blog for the 411) here on the farm, thus the silence on this blog. I have been cooking up a storm and yesterday found myself over run with a variety of garden produce including cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic scapes (we plant garlic in the spring just for this reason) and green onions. I got creative and made us a lovely lunch.

Cherry tomatoes and goat cheese serves 2

2 tsp butter or olive oil for sauteing

2 garlic scape's chopped ( or 2 cloves garlic minced)

2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered

1 cup fresh basil leaves

3/4 cup soft goat cheese - crumbled ( more or less if you prefer)

Salt and pepper to taste

chopped green onions to garnish

1/2 package rice pasta (enough for 2 people) cooked according to package directions.

The whole thing goes together rather quickly so I would suggest that you cook the pasta first and while that is happening you assemble the rest of ingredients. Be ready to throw the garlic in the warmed pan as soon as you have drained the pasta

Melt the butter/warm the oil in a large skillet

Saute the garlic in the butter/oil for about 2 minutes over high heat and add in tomatoes, saute for another 2 minutes and add in the basil, as soon as the basil starts to wilt remove from heat and add in cheese, give it a quick stir to mix in the cheese but don't over stir or the cheese will all melt. Spoon the sauce over the warm pasta and garnish with chopped green onions - enjoy.

I have many recipes in draft form that just need a little attention and so there will be more posts here soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious!! I can't wait to try that! I love goat cheese and fresh veggies! I love your pictures! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

Anonymous said...

My fellow GF knitter, you have been tagged, so go to my site and check out the details!