Friday, July 6, 2007

A pause

in my carefully scheduled day of carpet cleaning, cleaning in general and furniture moving to fill you in on the following very important pieces of information.

First a very good friend of mine decided that she needed to do something to give back for her 40th year. She is behind the current Afghans for Afghans collection in Ottawa, you can read about them here. There are collection points in Ottawa or Toronto that you can send them to and I know that they would be thrilled to hear and recieve stuff from other bloggers.

There is also a great project going on in Canberra, Australia. It is called Knit1 Blog1 and it is an interactive knitting show. They asked bloggers to send them a FO ( I sent a scarf that I also spun the wool for) and then they will exhibit the project with a link to the persons blog and some computer terminals set up for visitors to view the blogs. I have been meaning to tell you about it for ages and time has just gotten away from me. The show opens next week and they are great about posting updates, there will be pictures on their blog.

Alright, that's all you get for today. I am off to clean and maybe take a little break to work on some Harry Potter scarves ( long story).

No comments: