Wednesday, April 4, 2007

really....

Yes really, the best and most original search term that has ever lead someone to my blog is "she taped her mouth shut" it leads you to this page. I think what is the most humorous about the whole thing is that the person actually clicked through to the page and has been back since, so whoever you are, welcome to my world. It is for the search engines stats that I love Statcounter, I also like to follow the referring links sometimes because I find out about people who have linked to me that I didn't even know about.

It's another rainy day here in Ontario, sadly the rain is supposed to turn to snow tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed that it won't happen because I just uncovered all the lovely green shoots from my bulbs thinking that it was safe, nothing like snow for Easter.

Now as promised here are the very overdue photos leftover from my trip to CA . Here is R's Rainbow sweater, it's knit with Lang Tissa (dk weight cotton that I can't find for sale online but I didn't look very hard) and the pattern was sort of made up as I went along. I used a pattern to get the sizing and measurements and thought that I would us it for more but since I didn't get gauge, wanted to knit is the round (the pattern was flat and seamed) and stripped the whole thing the pattern became a very, very general guideline. I am going to knit it again and tweak the sleeves a bit,

you can't see it here but there are some issues with the reductions on the sleeves as I picked up stitches and knit the sleeves in the round. The decreases haunted me as I tried to make the 2nd sleeve match the first which had funky decreases to begin with. Overall I am thrilled with how it turned out and the fact that I got the wool on clearance and have enough to make 2 more is a bonus.

Hopefully I will write up the pattern and share it with the world but I can't promise anything soon as I have a few million things on the go.

And because every now and then the photo gods smile upon me and I get a fabulous picture or 2 here are some more. These were both taken at from the Gondola at Heavenly, Lake Tahoe. When I was in CA we went up for the weekend, Tahoe was interesting, I didn't find any fibre but the warm weather and the snow was an interesting pair.

and I got to play with these 2, (always fun) while their folks ran away to ski for the morning. We went up the mountain in the gondola and the kids thought it was great but G was not interested in having his picture taken, peek a boo is much more fun.

Alright I am off to knit, I am working on a Clapotis in some fabulous silk that I got at Stiches West, I am about 4 decreases from being finished and I want to get it finished before it is to warm to wear it.

No comments: