Monday, January 22, 2007

see there are stitches here too


Another Marley hat from Itty Bitty Hats, this time knit in Lang-Tissa for a much smaller head, it’s about to be gifted to a little person who will arrive soon



A bunny to keep the newly mended Norberta company on her trip across the continent, she is a Jane Doe Bunny at the moment but I am sure that situation will change when she arrives at her destination. She is from this Fiber Trends Pattern and knit in Patons classic Merino and some red wool that I had in my stash. Sadly the red did not felt as well as the Patons but these things happen. Her scarf is knit from a little single left over handspun from this project.



A cabled hat that is happily resting on my head at the moment, I am rather in love. I knit it from this pattern and used Stampato – Extra in colour 8007. It too was from my stash but in a panicked moment I bought a second ball thinking that I wouldn’t have enough – I had enough and thus will probably knit another one or something similar. I am all about cables right now.





And another scarf… this one is Noro Silk Garden in a pattern that I made up and will share with the rest of you once it is blocked and I decided that I like it. It reminds me of berries and I owed one persona scarf from Christmas, everyone else got one and she got a candle as I ran out of time!

I got a few knitting books over the holidays and I am rather enthralled with them. I have been all about designing knitwear lately and thus I wanted some stitch pattern books to inspire me. I got Knitting Stitches by Mary Webb, it is one of little thick dictionary like books with good learn to knit instructions and then pages and pages of types of stitches, ribs, lace and cables. It has good charts and pictures and most of the instructions are reasonably clear.

I have another great book that I wanted to tell you all about but I can't find it online and the name of it escapes me at the moment... oh well that one can go in the next post with the spinning from yesterday.


FYI - blogger is pissy today I had this all set up and such and then posted it and now of the pictures came through from Picasa. Sooo I had to do it all again and now the pics aren't all cropped and such becuase my hour of interent time is about to run out... annoying!

No comments: