Monday, June 11, 2007

See there is knitting here

Well I am back from a lovely weekend away and as promised there is knitting to be seen. I finished my STR Inside Out! sock, well one sock is finished and the other needs to be cast on. It will be finished but given that it is way too hot to wear them I am not to eager or to motivated.
While we were in Montreal I made it to a yarn store, yes I know you are all so surprised! We went to Mouline Yarns ( they are having a sale) and of course some stash enhancing was done. After chatting with Scott, the owner? I came home with some Debbie Bliss ( I already have some of this in the stash) and some fabulous yarn from Susan Anderson - 50% baby Suri, 40% Extra fine Merino, 10% Cashmere. I got enough for 2 hats, they had lots of great colours but P wanted black
And in other knitting news I am working on the Melon Shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I'm using SeaSilk and really enjoy it.I am working on the inside at the moment and will add a border when I have finished. I need it for August, cross your fingers.


Last but not least, an almost finished baby sweater knit with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Blue Jean and another colour whose name escapes me at the moment.
And some spinning, my wheel has been quiet for ages but I rearranged my stash recently and was inspired to spin this up. It's roving I got from the Yarn Barn that I dyed myself with Golden Rod flowers, it is spinning up well and I am hoping for some sock yarn.

No comments: