Monday, December 18, 2006


Scarves anyone? The top one is handspun knit in boxes of 5x5 with a garter edges. The middle on is Lamb's Pride Chunky (unblocked) in my most standard scarf pattern adapted from one I got from Alchemy yarns. The last one is from my fabulous older sister who sent me a care package awhile back - it's fiber content is a mystery but I love it

close ups

I love these colours

and now that this one is blocking it looks much better

This is the last round of scarves, most of which are already wrapped and handed out but maybe I will get some pics of them on the recipients. Left to right - rose pima/tencel (lost the ball bands - nearly 2 balls in that standard pattern i mentioned earlier. Next some Noro silk garden just striped knit/purl but by rows instead of stitches. 3rd mohair blend - it came from my sisters stash and finally Paton Allure just in garter stitch. I am not a huge fan of novelty yarn but a small person likes pink and girly stuff, it fit the bill.

When I haven't been knitting I have been cooking for Christmas eve, I made perogies all day on Friday - some left the house as Christmas gifts and the rest are in the freezer awaiting Sunday evening. There is much cooking to be done, I love the traditions of Ukrainian Christmas Eve but it is a lot of work - we only have 10 or so people coming... not a huge crowd but big enough.

No comments: