Saturday, November 18, 2006

See these boots, think about how high they usually come on ones leg. Can you picture it... good, that's how high the water was in my cellar yesterday. We have had a lot of rain lately and P. had the pump going on Thursday night and we thought that most of the water was gone and we were in the clear. On Friday he asked me to go down and check the door and make sure that everything was ok, I thought he was being a tad over cautious and went about my day. By the time I went to check, the water was up to the top of my boots it many places and there was a few spots that would of gone over the top. I hooked up the pump and called P, it pumped all afternoon and all night - it was a lot of water. Thankfully the furnace was fine, the water reached the furnace but it didn't make it all the way to the motor although it was close.

In other rubber news ( as opposed to fiber news) I played so me amazing games with rubber chickens on Thursday. i know it seems odd but the grade 1's thought it was the greatest. If you have kids and can lay your hands on a few I would suggest you make the investment - use them in any game you would usually use a ball, like hot potato, it will be a huge success

I am making progress on my UFO list. I seamed the sweater last night but I have to adjust the sleeves as they are pulling a bit and I am in the home strech on 2 of the scarves, just another few inches on each.

Have a good weekend I am off to a craft fair while I wait for P to finish his workshop - I have a few Christmas things to get and Sarah has table there, good reasons to go.

No comments: